Monday, May 11, 2009

Guest post by Mr. Owen Price on the Anniversary

Monday, May 11, 2009

I well remember the opening of the first Foodworld in Chennai in 1996 and the team of people so eager to learn about modern retailing and whose names will remain etched in the company’s history. At that time the Indian market was unique in as much that there were no self service supermarket chains and Foodworld was a true retailing pioneer.

I recall walking the one and only store at C.P. Ramaswamy Road with the manager the late Ms. Usha Ravi one day and trying to explain certain aspects of display. I think she thought that I was crazy but we shared some good laughs together. Such was the learning curve!

On this anniversary of the first store I would like to extend my congratulations to the founding team of Foodworld on starting the Indian retail revolution and to their successors on continuing it.

Owen Price

0 comments:

Post a Comment