Sunday, May 9, 2010

What an Awesome feeling!

For the past few days I have been like an expectant mother, jumping at every feedback about the book being available or not available at stores. I sent mails and SMSes to the Publishers pestering them about why the stocks have not reached the stores. Being in Retail and the becoming an author, is a bit like a Doctor going for some treatment. Such a person would want to know everything, second the other Doctor and so on.

So it was with me. Calling all my friends at the various book chains to enquire why the book is not available yet; to be told that orders have been placed and then hassle the publisher about why the stocks have not been sent.

My loving friends unknowingly fuelled this frenzy by reporting back whenever they went to one of the stores and saying that the book was not yet available.

So, you can imagine my absolute delight when one of my friends called me yesterday morning to say that the Book has been sighted at the Landmark store at Chennai and another friend posted on FB that he has picked it up from a Landmark store in Mumbai.

Today morning I went over to the store for some cheap thrills. Had pictures taken of me next to the book on display and all that. It was an awesome and memorable moment.

Coincidentally, May 9th is the Anniversary of RPG Foodworld as the first store at R A Puram in Chennai was opened on this date back in 1996. We had a reunion get together of the old veterans yesterday followed by a few of us visiting the store today morning to wish the staff and participated in the cake cutting ceremony.

It seemed only right that “The INDIAN reTALEs” has finally hit the shelves during this time of the year.

Please look out for the book when you visit a book store next and spread the word about “The INDIAN reTALEs” amongst all your friends and contacts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment