Saturday, May 9, 2009

A delightful surprise

The anniversary of the first store had stirred up a lot more of emotions than I had thought!! I was fortunate to be at the store today morning and ended up participating in the Birthday celebrations. The customary cake cutting was there and I was invited to join in in my capacity as an alumni!! Shared some of the memorable nostalgia that people have mentioned, especially the vastu and puja bit.



Another picture for posterity and fond memories. Cutting of the cake and Mr. Murali offering the cake to Mr. Atanu. Truly Old is Gold!!




P.S. - I realised that the cake cutting happened at almost the same spot where Smt. M S Subbulakshmi had lit the lamp, 13 years ago!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi :) that s a cool piece of article

Post a Comment